Thursday, October 21, 2010

Embrace the Camera: Oct. 21st

A few weeks ago we attended the USC vs. Washington game, and if my memory serves me right...this was Lily's first trip on campus. I was due to post these images last week for Embrace the Camera Thursday, but I figure now is just as good a time as any.

Sizing up the crowd at the tailgate

Game face and a full belly

'Let's do this...FIGHT ON!'

Happy Dance

'Are those Washington fans I see on my campus?'

Listening to the USC band play our fight song...

Scared of the noise...or was it the cheering drunks?

Holding on for dear life

My favorite Embrace the Camera moment

She was pretty much done with the whole tailgate experience by this point, but I'm sure she'll change her mind in a few years. If it wasn't for this project I probably would have hogged the camera and come out of this experience without a single image of Lily and I. The thought of that is sad on many levels, but mostly because attending this school had always been a dream of mine...and now I get to share it with my daughter. That fact blows my mind...no, really...it does. If you would have told me a few years ago that I would be standing on the very spot I used to study under a tree and hold a daughter...well, I just can't fathom it. Life is great that way.


4 comments:

  1. are you serious? i could eat her up. that is the cutest belly i've ever seen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful photos and beautiful words. My brother was a Trojan and I've been on that beautiful campus many times!! Fight On!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute...I love photos of small children in oversized hats...really do!!

    ReplyDelete