Sunday, March 3, 2013

Sing To Me, Grandma!

Growing up, my mother used to sing to me during my bath time. Every song was sung in Spanish, and I remember thinking how beautiful they were. I would tire her with my requests to sing them to me over and over again. Thinking back now, I have to say that those are the best childhood memories I have with my mother. As the years went by and I got older, those moments with her became seldom. As a teenager we would argue and as a young adult I was rarely home. Now as a mother, I find those turn of events quite sad.

Then one day as my mother held Lily in her arms, I heard her sing to Lily one of my favorite childhood songs. I turned to look at them and those childhood memories came rushing back. They must have been singing these songs together for some time since Lily knew them all by heart. I stood there feeling nostalgic as my mother smiled and sang along. It took me a minute to realize that I should capture this moment, so I grabbed my camera and let it roll. It brings a smile to my face every time I watch it. 



Sing To Me, Grandma! from Super Lily on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment